Zero S is available in three configurations:
- Zero S ZF7.2 11 kW – A compact 7.2 kWh battery frees up space for a convenient storage compartment and reduces weight by 43 kg, delivering nimble handling. Restricted to 11 kW.
- Zero S ZF14.4 11 kW – Step up to the larger 14.4 kWh power pack, and you’ll see double the range. Add a Power Tank to ride even farther. Restricted to 11 kW.
- Zero S ZF14.4 – Features the larger 14.4 kWh power pack and unrestricted power for higher sustained top speeds.
About 11 kW models: In many areas, motorcycles limited to 11 kilowatts of continuous power have less stringent (A1 or B) licencing requirements.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2018
- Charge at up to 166 kilometers per hour using the 6 kW Charge Tank at Level 2 charging stations, 6x faster than when using standard, Level 1, 220 V outlets.
- Travel 10% farther, up to 359 km per charge, courtesy of improved chemistry in the Z-Force® power pack, the highest energy density battery in today’s transportation industry.
- Thanks to new gearing, and a higher maximum motor rpm, the compact and lighter weight Zero S ZF7.2 11 kW now offers 11% more rear wheel torque to slingshot ahead of fellow motorists, without giving up any top speed.
- The Zero S ZF14.4 powertrain is fine tuned to deliver up to 30% more power and torque at highway speeds to make high-speed passes that much more fun.
- Owners can easily realize the benefits of continuous performance advancements by updating their firmware via the latest Zero Motorcycles mobile app.
- Sophisticated and bold Silicon Silver Metallic colored paint.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ZERO S
- Longest range production electric motorcycle in the world with up to 359 km city and 180 km on the highway
- Battery packs covered by a five-year, unlimited kilometer warranty
- Instant torque and abundant, seamless power
- Highly efficient, zero-maintenance powertrain does not require a complex cooling system
- About a 0,01 €/km in electricity to ride and no routine powertrain maintenance
- Zero Motorcycles’ proprietary Z-Force® motor is the industry’s most efficient, powerful, compact, brushless and sealed air-cooled motor
- Z-Force® IPM (Interior Permanent Magnet) motor is highly efficient and rapidly air-cools for improved performance during hard riding and higher sustained top speeds
- Zero S ZF14.4 features the Z-Force® 75-7 motor producing 60 hp and 110 Nm of torque
- Zero S ZF7.2 11 kW features the Z-Force® 75-5 motor producing 31 hp and 108 Nm of torque
- “Just ride” direct-drive system operates elegantly and simply using a maintenance-free Poly Chain® HTD® Carbon™ belt: no clutch, no shifting, and no need to carry a heavy and complex transmission
- In addition to standard “sport” and “eco” riding modes, the Zero Motorcycles app offers “custom” mode allowing riders to set their own performance profile and view detailed energy usage statistics
- With the optional Power Tank accessory, the 102 V power pack’s multiple configurations enable customers to select the battery capacity that best meets their range needs: 7.2 kWh, 14.4 kWh or 18.0 kWh
- Life-of-motorcycle cell technology ensures outstanding battery longevity
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires deliver maximum grip and improved road feel
- User-adjustable regenerative braking levels
- 1.3 kW on-board charger can be plugged into any household outlet and used together with the optional Quick Charger accessory and/or Charge Tank option for reduced charge times
- Refined twin-spar aircraft-grade aluminum chassis is lightweight and torsionally stiff for precise handling and exceptional durability
- Fully adjustable, custom-tuned Showa suspension optimizes comfort and control
- Bosch anti-lock braking system ensures optimal stopping performance under a wide variety of conditions
- Aerodynamic chin fairing aids powertrain cooling
- High-contrast backlit LCD screen displays state of charge, performance profile, and key riding stats
- Integrated, lockable, weather resistant compartments and tank trunk provide convenient storage